Top 5 reasons why admin could be the career for you
Most businesses and organisations around the world have either an Admin department or a team of Administrators. The Admin team are the backbone of most companies, providing support to all kinds of departments.
Office Administrators are responsible for organisational tasks, carrying out duties that help with the general running of a business and helping colleagues remain focussed. Roles differ vastly, but Admin staff often help prepare meetings, look after orders from contractors (including processing invoices) and collect data to help companies perform the best they can.
Here are our top five reasons why admin could be the right career move for you.
- Working in Admin helps you develop a wide range of transferable skills such as time management, working to deadlines etc. This might be useful if you one day want to progress. Many Administrators use their role to progress to a supervisor level, become an office manager, personal secretary or use the experience and knowledge they gain to move into a completely new area such as IT or accounting.
- You get to work with a variety of people at all levels working in in Admin – including management, directors and external suppliers. This not only keeps things varied, but helps with career progression as you pick up detailed knowledge of how a business works.
- As an Admin Officer, you get to dabble in a variety of tasks. It is ideal for someone who can multi-task with ease and could help prevent you from becoming bored in your role.
- You are a ‘Go To’ person in the office, with other staff (and the business) relying on your work. You will know company processes and procedures inside out and be the knowledge bank for others; remember, knowledge is power!
- Entry level salaries are in the region of £13,000 and can rise to around £23,000 a year depending on your role and responsibilities. Highly experienced roles, such as Office Manager, can earn around £30,000.