Top 5 reasons Marketing is a good career
Marketing is all about promoting a product or service in the right way to the right audience. Every advert you see on a billboard, TV or the internet will have a marketer behind it and every website, social media page and direct email you look at will have marketing input too. It’s not just the top brands that use marketing – small businesses rely on it too. Find out why it could be a good career for you.
- Research is one of the most important aspects of Marketing, and can be very rewarding when you do it right. By speaking to customers about your offer, reading research by others and looking a what your customers respond best to in promotional campaigns, you can develop new, more effective ways of targeting them. It is a good feeling to target an audience correctly and watch your sales or enquiries increase as a result.
- Creativity is also key within marketing – so if you’re a creative person, this could be the career for you. It gives you the opportunity to come up with new ideas to promote your offer so you can successfully compete against others. Once you know your product’s benefits and have researched your target audience, you can apply your creative flare to appeal to them; from designing and maintaining a recognisable brand to developing a large scale promotional campaign.
- In Marketing there is huge opportunity to progress. You could start out as a Marketing Assistant and move up the job ladder fairly quickly if you work hard and prove your skills. However it’s not just about moving up, you can move sideways too. If you develop a specialism, such as being particularly good at Digital Marketing, Market Research, Brand Management, Advertising or Public Relations, you might be able to land a job that focuses solely on this and become an expert in your field.
- Most people these days spend a large amount of time online with 86% of British households now having access to the internet. Many businesses use social media and search engines to promote their products as new technology means they can target the customers they want to reach with advertising easier. It makes Digital Marketing a popular career prospect. The number of Digital Marketing jobs has risen significantly in recent years as a result.
- In this day and age it is a vital part of a successful organisation and most businesses cannot compete and grow without sales and marketing. So by applying your marketing skills, you could be a main driver behind the organisation’s success and feel the satisfaction that brings.
If you’re interested in marketing and want help looking for a job in marketing then get in touch, firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0161 686 8000